Buscar este blog

miércoles, 15 de diciembre de 2010

Writing an email to apologise

Hello to all of you.

Your writing task for the holidays is here. You have to write an email using this blog.




This is what you have to do:

"Think of a situation where you did something bad to someone by mistake. Write an email to apologise and include an answer to the following questions: What did you do? Why did you do it? What did the other person do or say?".





Remember to include the different parts a good message should have, that is:

1) Greeting
2) Why I am sorry
3) What happened
4) What to do (or not to do) next
5) Final apology
6) Goodbye

Once you have finished writing your message, read the message of another partner and edit it if you think it is necessary. For example, are the sentences your partner has used too long? Do they give details to explain what happened or have they forgotten? When you edit a partner's email remember to put the following title at the top of your answer "Edit + Name of Partner".

Remember to be nice when you edit, ok? The idea is to learn from each other's mistakes and help the others to solve their problems...

Thanks and... good editing!!!!

8 comentarios:

  1. Hi Conchi, I'm Ferran Gascón.
    That's my letter about the apologise.

    Hi Peter,
    How are your summer holidays in your village?
    I'm sorry I have delete the email that you sent me yesterday about the project work.
    I open my emails and I delete all because I thought there were junk emails, sorry about that. Then I remembered you had to send me it but it was too late. I know you are in your village but when you arrive to Barcelona you have to send me another time.
    Could you send it again, please?
    I'm really sorry about that and it doesn't going to happen again.
    All the best, Ferran.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Lindsay!
    I'm sorry but for mistake the other day I broke your glasses.
    I was speaking with a friends. I moved my hand, and suddenly I heard that something felt to the floor, then I saw that were your glasses!
    I will pay to you some money to repair or to buy new glasses.
    I'm really sorry!
    All the best, Esther

    Esther Duran PET

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Paul,
    I’m very sorry. I took your bag in the English class by mistake. When the bell rang I picked up your bag by mistake thinking it was mine. Then when I arrived home and I just finished snack I realized that wasn't mine, it was yours. But it was too late.

    If you want I can take your bag to your home this afternoon. It isn’t a problem for me.

    I’m really sorry about that!
    All the best,
    Sandra

    Sandra Nieto PET 2D

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Jane,
    Do you remember the pen that you lent me the last class? If you thought that you've lost it... don't worry about that! I forgot to return you it at the end of the class and I took it with me to home by mistake.

    I hope you won't need it and you have more pens because I won't see you until the classes start again.

    I'm sorry but...
    Nice holiday!

    Claudia

    Claudia González PET 2D

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi John.
    I'm sorry but I lost the PC that you gave to me to keep it. I was going home and when I arrived, I didn't see the PC in... I'm very sorry!!! Don't worry I will pay you the computer tomorrow.
    I'm very sorry....
    Eugeni.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi Rigoberto,
    Before this Christmas you borrow me the work about the environment, do you remember?
    I'm really sorry. When I was reading your work, my cup of tea felt on it, and I tried to do something but... sorry.
    Don`t worry, I will explain all to our teacher, but please don't be angry with my, it was a mistake.
    Sorry, and pass a great Christmas
    Your friend:
    Germán
    PD: I will assume all the responsibilities if the teacher tells us something.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Antonio
    I’m sorry to leave yesterday's game league of legends, and you just had to finish without me, because my computer was turned off alone, and I don’t know why.
    At the end could you win the match without me? when I reconnect we’ll play and I’ll try that my computer doesn’t turn off again.
    I’m very sorry, really ...
    Gabriel

    ResponderEliminar