Buscar este blog

lunes, 14 de junio de 2010

The Day After Tomorrow

Time to say goodbye is coming. We are already in the last days of June and the course is going to finish very soon.

Well, this is the last film task you have to do this year. The film I have chosen to close the school year is "The Day After Tomorrow", a 2004 American science-fiction film that shows us the catastrophic effects of global warming.

If one thinks about it, it makes you feel really scared. Anyway, once you have watched the whole film I encourage you to do the "movie quiz" which is available in the following link:

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz18901715a4ec0.html

Once you have answered all the questions and get the results of the quiz, please use the "comentarios" section in this blog and tell me what your score has been and which type of mistakes you have made, ok? Apart from this, I want you to write your opinion of this film. Use the following questions for help:

* Did you like the film? Why or Why not?
* Would you recommend it to your best friend? Why or Why not?
* Do you think that some day - in the distance future - something similar to what happens in the film could happen to us? Explain why or why not and say what you would do now to avoid the radical weather changes that happened in the film.

Finally, your SUMMER HOMEWORK...

You have to read the article available in the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Tomorrow

and write a summary of it in about 120 words more or less.

You can write the summary in a word document and send it to my email address or you can write the summary in the blog using the title "SUMMARY" and writing your name next to it, ok?

Well, and that's all for this year. Hope you have had fun. I certainly have enjoyed a lot with your class. What else can I say? It's been really nice to have you there every Monday and Wednesday and I really do hope that one day we can meet again in the same class.

Enjoy your summer holidays a lot!!! And see you in October...

8 comentarios:

  1. G-good B-bad
    1-Sam / G
    2-Laura / G
    3-False / G
    4-Tornadoes / G
    5-Library / G
    6-False / G
    7-A hospital / G
    8-False / G
    9-Flying / B (walking)
    10-Books / G
    Opinion
    -I didn’t like so much the film because I like other types of films, like action films. And I found it a little strange.
    -I’ll recommend to my best friend but not for the story, but for the catastrophes of the climatic change.
    -Unfortunately, I think that if we continue just like that, it could happen. And all the countries must do something, like replace the petrol for the electricity, make filters for the factories or use the public transport. Doing these things we could do a better world for tomorrow.
    Alex Martín Pet 1A

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you very much for your comments and answers to my questions, Alex. And also for sending me the summary of the film so quickly. You've done a great job! Congratulations!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. All my answers are good less 7 and 9.
    7:my Answer: a nursery
    The correct answer was a hospital
    9:my Answer: none of these
    The correct answer was walking

    Opinion:
    I liked but it's the second time that I watched.
    I think that the idea of the film is perfect .The especial effects are amazing.
    I don't recomend this film to my best friend because she won't enjoy.
    I think this can be possible in the future , if we don't make a big change this could happen.
    We need to be clan with the nature ang respect the natural spaces,don't throw garbages ,replace the petrol for the electricity,travel by public transport,recycle make a good use of water...

    Celia Anton

    ResponderEliminar
  4. 1. Sam-Good
    2. Laura-good
    3. True-bad false
    4. Floods-bad tornadoes
    5. Library-good
    6. False-good
    7. A hospital-good
    8. True-bad false
    9. Walking-good
    10. Books-good

    - I liked the film, because the story is beautiful, and the climate changing is interesting because is now happening.
    - I'll recomend to my friends, because I think they like this type of films.
    - I think it maybe can happen. So we have to save our planet, we need to pollute less, recycle and save energy. If we do this things, we can live better in our planet.

    Laura Hernández PET 1A

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Thank you very much for your comments about the film, Laura. You have done a great job! And I agree with you that if we do "these things" (pollute less, recycle, save energy, etc.), we can have a better life on planet Earth.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. 1. Sam - good
    2. lisa - bad, laura
    3. false - good
    4. floods - good
    5. library - good
    6. true - bad, false
    7. a hospital - good
    8. true - bad, false
    9. walking - good
    10. books - good

    -Yes, I like the film because is very real and remember us that we have to think in this topic.

    -Yes, because I know that this film will like to my friend because we (I and my class) went to watch "2012" and is a very similar film and we liked very much!

    -I don't know very sure, but I think that maybe in the future could happen something similar and for that question in the school the teachers ever say to us: - recycle this paper, -turn off the lights because looks good with the sunlight or things like that.

    Esther Duran

    ResponderEliminar
  7. 1. Sam, good
    2. Laura, good
    3. True, bad (false)
    4. Tornadoes, good
    5. Library, good
    6. True, bad (false)
    7. Ahspital, good
    8. False, good
    9. Walking, good
    10. Books, good

    -I liked the film, because it sais that we have to respect our planet.
    In would recomend it to my friends because they can see the things that can happen in our planet if we don´t have cure of it.
    I think it could happen, but not all this changes, only sone of them.
    To stop it, we can:
    Write in the two faces of the paper.Save water.
    Travel with bicicle or with public transports...

    Helena Veledo

    ResponderEliminar
  8. 1. Sam, good
    2. Laura, good
    3. True, bad. The correct answer was false
    4. Tornadoes, good
    5. Library, good
    6. False, good
    7. A hospital, good
    8. False, good
    9. Flying, bad. The good answer was walking
    10. Books, good

    - I liked so much this film, because is a good way to show us the catastrophic effects of global warming. And the especial effects are very amazing.

    - I'll recommend it to my friends for the content of the film, because it was very good.

    - If us continue doing just like that, it could happen, but if us be clean with the nature, recycling, don't contaminate... we can avoid this catastrophe.

    Sandra Nieto PET 1A

    ResponderEliminar